Thompson & Horton COVID-19 Resources
Thompson & Horton is committed to supporting our clients during this challenging time. Our attorneys are working diligently to provide the most up-to-date guidance on the many issues that are confronting schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions as they deal with the ramifications and legal issues flowing from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below are links to T&H documents intended to provide initial guidance on issues confronting our clients during this public health emergency. Because the legal landscape is rapidly evolving, we will be frequently updating and adding to this resource page. Please make sure to check here frequently for updates. Also, these documents are intended to provide an initial overview of the legal issues faced by our clients during this time and are not intended to address all specific circumstances. As such, if you have questions or need further guidance after reviewing these documents, please contact your T&H attorney or, if you do not currently use a particular T&H attorney, please contact the attorney listed at the end of each document for each of our offices and they will be able to direct you to the best member of our team to assist you.
- COVID-19 and FEMA Relief for Public and Private Schools (March 25, 2020)
- Webinar: End of the Year Employment Issues Surrounding COVID-19 (April 20, 2020)
- Issues Related to Appraisals Due to COVID-19 (April 1, 2020)
- FAQ on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Updated April 29, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits (March 25, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Pay Issues for Educational Institutions (March 25, 2020)
- Summary of Updated Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act (March 25, 2020)
- FAQ on COVID-19 and Students with Disabilities (Updated March 25, 2020)
- Attachment 1: COVID-19 – Proposed Language to include in ARD Deliberations (March 20, 2020)
- Attachment 2: Sample Prior Written Notice – Suspend FIE due to COVID-19 (March 20, 2020)
Other Useful Resources
T&H is providing the following links to various information provided by government entities or other organizations providing guidance on COVID-19 related issues. Although we find these sources to be helpful in general, T&H is not endorsing or indicating agreement with all advice or guidance given in all of these documents. Please consult with your T&H attorney if you have any questions or require further assistance after reviewing any of this third-party information.
- Texas Department of Licensing & Registration – Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists News and Updates
- US Department of Education – Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students
- US Department of Education – Supplemental Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities
- Texas Association of School Boards Resources
- Texas Education Agency Resources
- US Department of Education Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education
- Federal Student Aid – Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)