About Annie Stein
A native Houstonian, Annie grew up attending local public schools and as an active parent of three today, is a committed advocate for public education. Annie is proud to work with educators and administrators to strengthen institutions that support the community. As a lawyer, Annie is committed to her clients and to serving the students of Texas.
Annie is an associate at Thompson & Horton in the Houston office. She concentrates her practice on various facets of school law, including state and federal discrimination claims as well as general contract issues. She advises clients regarding compliance with anti-discrimination laws, assists with employee training, and prepares responses to charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and complaints filed with the Office of Civil Rights. Annie is an active volunteer in the community where she sits on numerous boards.
- J.D., University of Houston, 2008
- B.A., Rice University, 2003
Licensing & Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Selected Client Representations
- Represents a university in Title IX litigation alleging student-on-student sexual assault
- Represented clients in state and federal court involving constitutional and Title VII claims
- Successfully represented numerous employers before the EEOC
- Obtained summary judgment in a federal age and race discrimination case
- Assisted in reaching a favorable settlement in a sexual discrimination case
- Represented employers before the Texas Workforce Commission in claims for unemployment compensation
- Successfully defended clients before Independent Hearing Examiners appointed by the Texas Education Agency involving special education and employment matters
- Assisted in multiple appeals to the Fifth Circuit involving First and Fourteenth Amendment challenges.