Legal Assistant: Sharon Chiles | 713-554-6753 | email@example.com
Arlene has devoted her entire professional career to education which provides her with a unique perspective in understanding and problem solving client issues. Before attending law school, Arlene served as a teacher, assistant principal, and dean of instruction in school districts in the Houston area. While in law school, Arlene maintained her connection to the classroom by teaching constitutional law and oral advocacy skills to high school students through the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project. Arlene combines her passion for education and law to bring her clients a robust experience.
Arlene is an Associate in the Houston office. Prior to joining Thompson & Horton, Arlene gained experience working with the United States Department of Education in their Division of Elementary, Secondary, Adult, and Vocational Education; the Texas Education Agency in the State Board for Educator Certification Enforcement division; and alongside the General Counsel of a Texas school district. Arlene has an MBA with a focus on Education and a Bachelor of Business Administration. She is also currently certified as a principal and classroom teacher.
- J.D., cum laude, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2020
- M.B.A. in Education, University of Saint Thomas, 2014
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2009
Licensing and Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Memberships & Recognitions
- State Bar of Texas, School Law Section
- Texas Association of School Boards — Council of School Attorneys
Representative Speeches & Presentations
- “IEPs Your Lawyer Would Be Proud Of” co-presenter with Hailey Janecka, Texas Council of Administrators of Special Education Interactive Conference