About Audrey Shakra
Legal Assistant: Betsy Maggard | 713-554-6754 | email@example.com
After starting her legal career in Washington, D.C., Audrey developed a passion for public interest work and now spends her legal career focused on bolstering innovative school programs and providing legal support for education entities.
Audrey has a range of experience in civil litigation, practicing in state and federal courts. She currently focuses her practice on the representation of school districts, colleges, and other governmental entities. Audrey regularly assists clients with all areas of education and government law including labor and employment matters, school board grievances, ethics and conflict of interests, student discipline issues, legislative implemenation, and innovative partnerships. Audrey also handles real estate and business transactions.
Prior to joining Thompson & Horton, Audrey was an attorney at Whiteford, Taylor & Preston LLP, in Washington, D.C. In this position, Audrey gained broad litigation experience while primarily representing housing associations in a variety of real estate litigation matters. While in law school, Audrey was a student attorney for the Civil Litigation Clinic and regularly participated in pro bono clinics.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2010, cum laude
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 2007
- Public Relations with Business Concentration
Licensing & Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- Licensed in Washington, D.C.
- Licensed in the state of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Selected Client Representations
- Develops state-wide partnerships to increase quality Pre-K programs with increased state funding
- Develops partnerships to increase support and funding for turnaround campuses throughout the state of Texas
- Successfully defended institutions of higher education in employee gender discrimination claims
- Settled fraudulent claims against institutions of higher education
- Assisted in defending higher education entities in high-profile Title IX litigation
Representative Speeches & Presentations
- Senate Bill 1882: Allowing Innovative Programs & More State Funding, Co-presenter with Dr. Kelli Mouton (Galveston ISD); TASA Midwinter, Austin, Texas
- Accountability and Legislative Outlook, Co-presenter with David Thompson; Region 4 Educational Service Center Seminar, Houston, Texas