About Danielle Dary
Legal Assistant: Ajael Tovar | 972-694-7206 | email@example.com
Danielle’s passion for public service and issues related to civil rights led her to a diverse career in education law. Danielle has supported educational institutions in multiple capacities and brings this unique perspective to her practice.
Prior to joining Thompson & Horton, Danielle was a staff attorney at the Texas Association of School Boards, Community College Services where she provided legal advice to Texas public community colleges, and developed legal reference and model local board policies. Danielle also previously served as a compliance investigator for the Texas A&M University System where she investigated high-profile complaints across the university system related to civil rights discrimination, Title IX and sexual harassment, and related retaliation.
During law school, Danielle served as a chief articles editor for the Houston Journal of Consumer and Commercial Law, competed on the Blakely Advocacy Institute Moot Court Competition Team, and clerked with Judge Frances H. Stacy of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2016
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, with distinction, 2012
Licensing & Bar Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Memberships & Affiliations
- Texas Association of School Boards – Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association – Council of School Attorneys
- State Bar of Texas, School Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, African-American Lawyers Section
- Austin Black Lawyers Association
Representative Speeches & Presentations
- Higher Education and the First Amendment, co-presenter with Amy Magee (Texas Association of School Boards), UNT Texas Higher Education Law Conference