About Jim Byrom
Legal Assistant: Lin DuBois | 713-554-6787 | firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s nothing more important than your family. Jim’s mother, father, wife, sisters and one daughter are, or were, involved in education. Education is his professional calling. Not as a teacher, or administrator, but as a lawyer, proudly representing the interests of educators and school districts throughout Texas.
Jim joined Thompson & Horton in 2017 as counsel in the Houston office. He brings with him over 27 years of experience representing school districts and other governmental entities. Jim is knowledgeable in matters ranging from employment issues to bus accidents and has a proven record defending Texas school districts in both federal and state court.
In addition to his legal practice, Jim is a regular school board trainer, presenter and speaker at school law conferences.
- J.D., Baylor University, 1983
- B.A. Baylor University, 1980
Licensing & Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- Licensed in the state of Louisiana
Memberships & Recognitions
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Texas Association of School Boards Council of School Attorneys
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Court
- Houston Bar Association