About Oleg Nudelman
Legal Assistant: Imani Coleman | 469-421-6618 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Oleg is proud to assist schools and colleges that serve Texas communities because the well-meaning folks who educate our next generation deserve the highest quality legal advice.
Oleg is an associate in the Dallas and Fort Worth offices of Thompson & Horton. Oleg represents school districts and colleges in employment and civil rights litigation in Texas state and federal courts. He also represents educational institutions in appellate matters in state and federal courts, administrative grievances, and hearings before the Texas Commissioner of Education.
Oleg is proud to focus his practice on assisting school districts and colleges that serve Texas communities. He has successfully represented school districts and other governmental entities against Title VII, Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code, Texas Whistleblower Act, and Texas Open Meetings Act claims. Oleg has also defended Title VI, Title IX, and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 claims brought by students and employees against educational institutions. He has experience representing school districts in contract non-renewal and termination matters under Chapter 21 of the Texas Education Code, as well as employee appraisal and compensation grievances. Further, Oleg has assisted educational institutions with responding to requests for information under the Texas Public Information Act.
Prior to joining T&H, Oleg was an associate in the Philadelphia office of Archer & Greiner, PC. He is experienced in a broad range of litigation, including complex commercial litigation, complex personal injury, construction, business tort, and environmental litigation matters.
Oleg graduated from Haverford College in June 2005 with a B.A. in Economics and Growth and Structure of Cities. He obtained his law degree, summa cum laude, in May 2009 from Washington & Lee University School of Law. While in law school, Oleg was a member of the Order of the Coif and received the Constitutional Law Award. He also served as a member of the Virginia Capital Case Clearinghouse and as a staff writer on the Washington & Lee Law Review. Oleg is fluent in Russian. Born in Kiev, Ukraine, and raised in Cherry Hill, NJ, he now resides in Dallas with his family.
- J.D., summa cum laude, Washington & Lee School of Law, 2009
- Bachelors Degree in Economics and Growth Structures of Cities, Haverford College, 2005
Licensing & Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Memberships & Recognitions
- Texas Association of School Boards – Council of School Attorneys
Selected Client Representations
- Represented school districts and community college in defending employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation lawsuits under Title VII and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code
- Represented school districts in defending federal constitutional claims brought by employees and students under 42 U.S.C. § 1983
- Represented a school district before the Texas State Commissioner of Education in appeals filed under Texas Education Code § 7.057
- Represented a school district in administrative hearings regarding contract non-renewal and termination under Chapter 21 of the Texas Education Code
- Represented a school district in internal employee grievances
- Represented community college in Title IX lawsuit involving allegations of sexual assault and sexual harassment
- Successfully represented public school district in Office of Civil Rights investigation regarding alleged religious and racial discrimination
- Advised school district and community college on responding to Texas Public Information Act requests and successfully sought opinions from the Office of the Attorney General of the state of Texas relating to governmental entities’ Public Information Act compliance
- Represented a large municipal entity in complex construction contract litigation
- Represented a federal receivership in successfully recovering funds for the benefit of victims of a fraudulent Ponzi scheme
- Assisted with obtaining complete defense verdict for governmental entity against complex personal injury claims
Representative Speeches & Presentations
- Professional Standards of Conduct and the Use of Social Media—Region 11 Human Resources Summit
- District Policy Review – training for internal investigators for a large public school district
- Legal Hot Topics – Region 11 Human Resources Summit
- Contracting, Procurement Policies, and Litigation Considerations – training for school district’s staff on local procurement policies
- Title IX Compliance and Investigations – Region 10 Human Resources Summit