About Stephen A. Villarreal
Legal Assistant: Vanisia Blackmon | 713-554-6765 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen strives to provide effective and efficient solutions to clients’ legal matters so that clients can spend more time and resources on ensuring the success of their students.
Stephen has extensive experience counseling government and private entities in many areas, including labor and employment, student matters, grievances, employment contracts, student and employee civil rights, and open government. Stephen has advocated for his clients in federal court and before the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, the Office for Civil Rights, the Texas Workforce Commission, the Department of Labor, and other administrative and regulatory agencies.
Prior to joining Thompson & Horton, Stephen was an attorney at J. Cruz & Associates, LLC, in Laredo, Texas, where he represented several Texas school districts as well as other government and private entities.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2016
- B.A., Angelo State University, 2011
Licensing & Court Admissions
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Memberships and Affiliations
- Texas Association of School Boards – Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association – Council of School Attorneys
- State Bar of Texas, School Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Employment Law Section