About Taylor Montgomery
Legal Assistant: Cindy Foreman | 972-694-3314 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor developed her passion for education as a special education teacher prior to attending law school. Taylor’s classroom experiences taught her the important role that successful advocacy and an understanding of the law play in creating a strong education system.
Taylor is an associate in the Dallas office of Thompson & Horton LLP. She primarily represents public school districts, charter schools, independent schools, and public and private colleges and universities on a broad range of issues, including special education, state and federal litigation, labor and employment issues, and Title IX. She also provides trainings and presentation on a wide range of school law issues to clients, as well as at local, regional, and national conferences.
Prior to attending law school at the SMU Dedman School of Law, Taylor participated in Teach for America in the Greater New Orleans area, where she helped build the special education department at a brand new, high-performing charter school.
- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2019
- B.A., cum laude, University of Richmond, 2013
- Licensed in the state of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Memberships & Recognitions
- State Bar of Texas, School Law Section
- Texas Association of School Boards – Council of School Attorneys
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Bar College