Since the term “student athlete” was coined in the 1950s, the number of legal issues surrounding the provision of sports in education has exploded. Thompson & Horton’s lawyers are an invaluable resource to educational clients aiming to avoid, address, and defend against challenges that they have violated the law. We advise and defend clients on Title IX athletics and sexual misconduct, NCAA compliance, labor and employment issues unique to student athletics, and myriad other concerns.
Our experience includes:
- Training thousands of school administrators and employees across the country using our popular, engaging, and practical training sessions
- Counseling administrators on responding to reports and complaints
- Drafting and revising policies and procedures
- Auditing programs and activities and assisting with strategic planning based on results
- Serving as investigators, mediators, and hearing officers when complaints arise
- Defending institutions before the U.S. Office for Civil Rights, Department of Justice, and NCAA
- Defending clients against all types of Title IX complaints in federal court, from single-plaintiff to large-scale, multi-plaintiff litigation, and
- Adeptly managing high-profile issues for clients with the sophistication, discretion, and efficiency they have come to expect from the Thompson & Horton team.